The Reading and Writing Centre is a centre of expertise supporting the needs of school leaders, educators, parents and caregivers through professional learning, resources and advice that support the reading and writing needs of children.
The Reading and Writing Centre offers a free advisory service for school leaders, teachers, parents and caregivers to support students’ reading and writing improvement. The centre also offers specialist advice in the area of reading and writing disorders, including dyslexia, through their Speech Language Advisors.
The service can be accessed on weekdays between 8am and 5pm, and the relevant staff member will respond to the inquiry.
Phone: (07) 3328 6950
The Reading and Writing Centre has a team of experienced educators and speech language advisors who have a passion for and special interest and skills in supporting students’ literacy development.
- Director—Mary Neville
- Manager— Maureen Mendelewski
- Reading and Writing Coach—Amy Hennessey
- Reading and Writing Coach—Wendy Doyle
- Reading and Writing Coach—Sherrie-Lea Davis
- Reading and Writing Coach—Carolyn Ervin
- Reading and Writing Coach—Leigh Scott
- Reading Coach—Partners in Learning (PIL)—Julie Dalton-Bannister
- Principal Speech Language Advisor—Jenny Peach
- Senior Speech Language Advisor—Donna Arulogun
- Manager—Ready Reading—Maureen Mendelewski
- Coordinator—Ready Reading—Enessa McArthur
- Coordinator—Ready Reading—Maureen Price.